|Front Cover (incl. ½ page write-up)
|Inside Front Cover
|Back Cover (incl. ¼ page write-up)
|Inside Back Cover
|Colour Centerfold (per page)
|Colour Centerfold (4consecutive pages)
|Black and White Ads
|Full Page Print Ready
|Half Page Print Ready
|Quarter Page (no photo)
|Make sure your ads arrive well before the deadline date to ensure inclusion in the requested issue.
Ads received after the deadline may have to appear in the next issue.
|Extras—For Members only
|Custom Ad Design per page donated to CSSA National Fund
|In Memoriam – ¼ page no photo
|In Memoriam – ¼ page with photo
|Extra Copies (includes postage) Pre-Ordered prior to the deadline
We can accept hard copy ads, BUT the preferred method for receiving your ad is by email.
Make sure your ad quality is at a high output resolution – at least 400 D.P.I. or 3.5-4 MB.
- No brags will be accepted for dogs/litters/puppies for sale. Ads for stud dogs may not contain stud fee information.
- Only Member Clubs (not individual members) may place a free one-page ad once per calendar year.
- If we publish an original article, poem, cartoon, etc., the submitter will receive a $10.00 ad credit (no cash value) for use on future ads.
- Credits are not transferable and must be used by the date written on the voucher. Only one voucher per person per Newsletter will be issued. Only text allowed.
- If you design your own ad, please be advised that the file should be at least 300 dpi for B&W, 400 dpi for colour centerfolds, and 450 dpi for colour covers. and submitted as a jpeg file. Inside ads (B&W and colour) need to be sized at 8.5" by 11". Cover ads need to measure 8.75" by 11.25". For a front cover, no text can be closer than one inch to any edge due to cropping and the front cover text. Please send ads by email . If you cannot design your own ad, there are many talented designers who may be willing to do it for you, or you can contact the Editor for assistance. Additional charges will apply for custom designed ads. We no longer accept pdf files due to compromised reproduction.
- Your ad must be paid in full prior to the deadline, or it will not be published in the . CSSA Fanciers Inc cannot be responsible for undelivered newsletters due to failure on the part of the member to keep the Membership Chair informed of any change of address.
- It is the responsibility of each member to the ensure his/her mailing address is correct. and that the Membership Chairperson is advised of any change of mailing address. Please send address change information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All content is to be sent to Sherrie Sparling.
DISCLAIMER: Any claims, views and/or opinions expressed in this Newsletter do not necessarily reflect those of CSSA Fanciers Inc/Canadian Shetland Association. Further, CSSA Fanciers Inc does not necessarily endorse any products advertised, nor is the organization responsible for any problems that arise from such products, claims, views and/or opinions.
We reserve the right to edit copy.
Advertising Payment: make all cheques payable to
CSSA Fanciers Inc.
and mail to:
216 Trillium Drive
Port Elgin ON
Paying by PayPal?
(We are now able to accept credit cards via PayPal)
Arrangements/instruction must be made through the
N.B. PayPal payments may be subject to an additional charge of
$2.50 per $40.00 billed.
CSSA Fanciers Inc has no control over this cost.
Canada Post Publications
Mail Agreement 41429515
views and/or opinions expressed in the Newsletter do not
necessarily reflect those of CSSA Fanciers Inc/Canadian Shetland
Association. The CSSA will not be responsible for any problems
that arise from such claims, views and/or opinions.
We reserve the right to edit copy.
Guidelines for full page Advertising Brags
Advertising: Under the
Canada Post Publications Mail Agreement we are not allowed to
advertise, or accept commercial advertising. What we call "Ads"
are allowed as "Member Brags" by Canada Post. We therefore
cannot put any price information in the newsletter regarding
stud fees, nor can we accept advertising of dogs/litters/puppies
Ad Content and
Size: Inside ads should be submitted to the editor as
jpeg files, as this format loses little quality when converted
to pdf format for printing. Ads submitted in other formats such
as MS Word, or as pdf files lose quality when
converted/re-converted. Again, nothing for sale can be
Inside ads must
measure exactly 8.5" by 11". Colour inside ads must be crisp and
clear and should be at least 350 dpi and about 3.5 MB in size.
B&W ads must have the same dimensions but must also have greater
contrast if a background image is used in the ad, as B&W ads
with busy backgrounds can have loss of clarity when converted to
All interior pages
are printed on 24# stock regardless of whether the page is text
or ad copy.
Covers are in a different category as the jpeg file must
measure 8.75” by 11.25” in order to achieve a full bleed. There
can be no text closer than ¾” to any edge as the covers are run
on larger paper then individually cut down to give full bleed.
Resolution for covers must be no less than 400 dpi and preferred
file size is 4-5MB. Covers are run on 100# paper.